|Time||Curriculum covered in each meeting|
What is palliative care?|
- Definition and changes in the understanding of palliative care. Focus on end- of-life care
- Disease trajectories and the challenges in identifying when end-of-life care is needed
- Discussion of patient case: (short film)
What are the patients’ palliative needs?|
- Results from a Danish survey among palliative patients
- Discussion of two patient cases (short films)
|6.30–6.45 pm||Presentation of the local palliative team by the palliative physician|
Medical skills and practicalities|
- Prescription of just-in-casea box, terminal declarationb, use of EDS, etc.
Local support to patients and relatives|
- Which alternatives does the GP have? Who else can help and support?