|Inclusion criteria||Exclusion criteria|
|Construct||1. PROMs which provide wide coverage of at least one domain as specified from the Qualitative Study.||
1. Construct: PROMs excluded on the basis of construct may be:|
a) unrelated constructs – e.g. adjustment to illness,
b) related, but covering only a single sub-domain (e.g. pain, adherence),
c) related, but mostly comprising of constructs which were not identified in the Qualitative Study (e.g. quality of life, personality traits).
2. PROMs which have been used in primary care, or for patients with chronic conditions / minor illness.|
3. PROMs suitable for use in adults, across both sexes, any disease and any presenting health problems.
2. Disease Specific (e.g. asthma).|
3. Population-specific (e.g. the elderly, the functionally limited, children).
4. Intervention-specific (e.g. occupational health, social care).
|Administration||4. PROMs which can be self-administered, and are self-reported.||5. Not patient-reported (e.g. clinician-reported, proxy-reported and strictly interview administered).|
|Other Criteria||5. Instruments in English which can be completed in ten minutes or less.||
6. Not available in English.|
7. Too long (longer than 50 items).